Worship: For Heaven’s Sake It is no news that messages about ourselves and the way that we think or believe and the causes that we support are embedded in the way that we dress. It is common practice to dress according to the code of various corporations, sports organizations, or social clubs. Christianity too has a dress code.
In special coded language, the Bible tells what that dress code is by what it is not. Referring to the church as a woman and Zion, the Bible describes an unfaithful Christian or church as one who decks herself or himself in jewels, flashy clothes, and painted faces, as a whore, who goes after her lovers and forgets God. Obviously, the opposite would be the description of a faithful church or Christian.
“Outward adorning is the symbol of unfaithfulness,” says Pastor Flemons. The inward adorning of pleasantness and the character of Christ is the mark of a true Christian, whose adorning is not that of colorful cosmetics, jewelry, and flashy clothes.
(For additional details, please read Jeremiah 6:2; Jeremiah 4:30; Isaiah 51:16; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ezekiel 23:26, 27; and Hosea 2:13. Also listen to the recording to hear the commentary of Pastor Shelem Flemons and hear him sing Hymn 309, “I Surrender All.”)
Worship: For Health’s Sake Shelem Flemons, a doctor of biblical wellness, provided tips for exercising self-control for your health. Temperance is exercising self-control to avoid all those things that are harmful and to do only in moderation those things are good. He provided thirteen tips.
1. Do not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
2. Do not drink alcoholic beverages or ingest alcohol in any form.
3. Do not drink coffee or tea even though it may be decaffeinated. This does not refer to herbal tea that has no caffeine in it.
4. Do not overwork.
5. Do not overeat. You should leave the table feeling as though you can still eat more, but you should feel satisfied. If you feel stuffed, you have eaten too much.
6. Cover your limbs as you do the trunk of your body in order to equalize circulation. In other words, exposing your legs and arms hinders the proper circulation of blood.
7. Do not study excessively or do excessive sedentary work, especially at the expense of proper exercise.
8. If you are married, be faithful to your spouse and be temperate in your intimate marital relationships.
9. If unmarried, abstain from intimate relationships that God intended only for the marriage commitment.
10. Do not use drugs in any form.
11. Replace television watching with more wholesome activities. Do not look at or listen to anything that will suggest impure thoughts.
12. Do not wear tight fitting clothing. This applies to men and women. Suspend clothing from the shoulders using suspenders instead of belts (men) or jumpers and dresses (women).
13. Replace competitive activities with useful physical labor that uplifts your fellowman and leaves you with a positive sense of accomplishment.
(For more details, please listen to the recording.)
(NOTE: Before following any advice given here, please read our disclaimer on this page.)
JOIN US LIVE EVERY MORNING from 6am to 7am Eastern Time for the Worship and Wellness Broadcast. Call 720-820-1429 (no access code required).
Want to receive TOR’s daily text? Send a text to 706-897-1310 with this message: TEXT ME or TOR TEXT.
Sharing Time Sis. Chester, Sis. Odessa, Sis. JeNoris, and Pastor Flemons shared testimonies, and Pastor Flemons responded to a question on wine in the Bible.
Special Prayer Please include in your prayers today Sis. Stella David. Also please pray that James will have a true conversion. Pray that Sis. Odessa will have a safe trip home Tuesday. Pray for Sis. JeNoris, whose 61st birthday is today.
Pray also for those undergoing surgery today. Pray for all grieving families (especially widows and widowers). Pray for those fighting for their lives and those fighting depression and other mental conditions. Also pray for people living in areas at risk of being destroyed by hurricanes and tornadoes and other natural disasters, like earthquakes, sinkholes, floods, ice storms, and wildfires.
Remember to continue praying for the entire TOR broadcast family, that GOD will be free to bless us in the way that HE really wants to in 2018. Thank you!
“You all are truly a blessing to me!” (3464)
“It’s my morning manna!” (0608)
“I just want to thank the LORD for this broadcast. It puts me in the mind of heaven!” (9206)
“The most important thing I have learned is to trust Him! . . . He is going to see me through. . . . GOD is faithful.” (3116)
“I thank Him (GOD) for this line, this broadcast, for Sis. and Pastor, because the things I’ve been through . . . I know the LORD has placed these two in my life! . . . I just love them.” (3588)
“God bless you. You are very authentic. . . . I just want to ask God to bless your ministry. Oh, my God! I am so grateful to be a part of your family. . . . There’s not enough words to express my gratitude, because I am learning even more from your ministry.” (0608)
“I want to give God thanks . . . . We are experiencing great love and miracles. . . . Thank God for His people who make life easier! . . . I thank God for you all . . . as I learn how to live a pure life of natural remedies. I love you.” (0053)
FaceBook – Christians, Colorful Cosmetics, Jewelry, and Flashy Clothes #9
FaceBook – Self-Control, Best Practices
Playback: To listen by phone to former broadcasts, call (712) 770-4019. Access Code: 635270. Reference number for today’s broadcast: 1051.
TOPICS THIS WEEK – November 18 – 24
Worship Sunday – Christians, Colorful Cosmetics, Jewelry, and Flashy Clothes #6; Monday – Christians, Colorful Cosmetics, Jewelry, and Flashy Clothes #7; Tuesday – Christians, Colorful Cosmetics, Jewelry, and Flashy Clothes #8; Wednesday – Thanksgiving History; Thursday – Thanksgiving: What Are You Thankful For? Friday – Christians, Colorful Cosmetics, Jewelry, and Flashy Clothes #9
Wellness Sunday – Fresh Air Best Practices; Monday – Rest, Best Practices; Tuesday – Exercise, Best Practices; Wednesday – Thanksgiving Health Tips; Thursday – Thanksgiving: What Are You Thankful For? Friday – Self-Control, Best Practices
SHARE THIS PRESENTATION on your social media sites. DONATE on this site. HELP expand this ministry.
Words of Encouragement
2 Corinthians 8:3, 4 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves; praying us with much entreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints. (Also read Ye Shall Receive Power, YRP 336.)
1 Peter 1:13 Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. (Also read My Life Today, ML 83.)